Dr. Vivek Mittal
Dr. Vivek Mittal is the Associate Director in BLK Centre for Orthopaedics, Joint Reconstruction & Spine Surgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi. Dr. Mittal is an Orthopedic Surgeon with over 20 years of experience in joint replacement surgery, specially total knee replacement (TKR), total hip replacement (THR) along with shoulder replacement among other surgeries. He has been awarded the AO training fellowship at Innsbruck in Austria.
Dr. Vivek Mittal completed his medical education from University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University and his Post-Graduation from Central Institute of Orthopedics, Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi University. Being a global practice specialist, he had been trained and visited many institutions abroad. He has done his AO fellowship at Universitätsklinik für Chirurgie Innsbruck, Austria, in 1999 for trauma.
He has also done Ranawat fellowship at Lenox Hill Hospital, New York with Dr. Chitranjan Ranawat for Primary and Revision total joint replacements including hip and knee joints. He has also done observership at National University Hospital, Singapore.
- Presently working as a Associate Director in BLK Centre for Orthopaedics, Joint Reconstruction & Spine Surgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- His key interest and expertise is in Primary & Revision Hip and Knee Joint reconstruction Surgeries. He is in the field of Orthopedics for over 25 years plus.. He also performs osteotomy around the knee for early arthritis or deformity of bone besides Trauma Management based on AO principles especially around the hip, knee and shoulder joint.
- Dr. Mittal is an internationally recognized surgeon and an outstanding educator. He has trained many DNB students. He has delivered many lectures at various conferences / Institutes / Hospitals both at the National and International levels. Dr. Mittal has also demonstrated live joint replacement surgeries at various conferences as well as shown live on media.
- Orthopedics, Senior Consultant- Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh , 2012
- Orthopedics and Joint Replacement Surgery, Senior Consultant- Delhi Institute of Trauma and Orthopedics and Sant Parmanand Hospital, Delhi , 1999
- Consultant – Orthopedics, Jeewan Mala Hospital, Delhi , 1994
- Orthopedics, Registrar- St Stephen’s Hospital, Delhi , 1991
Fast Track Knee Replacement, Partial Knee Replacement, Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement, Complex Total Knee & Total Hip Revision.
- Delhi Medical Council
- Member of Indian Orthopedic Association
- Delhi Orthopedic Association
- Indian Arthroscopy Association
- Delhi Spine Association
BLK Centre for Orthopaedics, Joint Reconstruction & Spine Surgery
- Joint Reconstruction Surgery in Delhi
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery in Delhi
- Hip Resurfacing,
- Hip replacement surgery Surgery in Delhi
- Replacement of Shoulder and Elbow joints.
- limb salvage surgeries and
- Bone Tumor surgeries
- correctional procedures for deformities
Foot Pressure/Vascular Assessment
- Heat Therapy Treatment
- Foot Drop
- Foot Assessment
- High-Risk Wound Care
- Foot Injury Treatment
- Ankle-Brachial Index