- Dr. Randeep Wadhwan is Head Department of Minimal Access Surgery, Bariatric, Metabolic Surgery & Gastrointestinal Surgery at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi.
- Dr. Randeep Wadhwan is having More than 30 years of expertise in Minimal Access Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Metabolic Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes.
- He has performed more than 30,000 laparoscopic surgeries till date.
- He has trained more than 500 surgeons in the field of Bariatric, metabolic surgeries and advanced laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgeries.
- He has an experience of more than 1000 MIPH (Minimally invasive procedure for hemorrhoids)
- He is also performing STARR procedure (Stapled trans anal resection of the rectum)for patients of Rectal prolapse, very few surgeons in India are doing the procedure. Certified by European Colpo proctology
- He is also performing the latest minimally invasive treatment for Fistula in Ano- VAAFT (Video assisted Anal Fistula Treatment).
- He was a member of the team performing a Lap assisted PCNL for an ectopic Kidney – one of only 10, cases reported in the world in 2005.
- He was a Senior Residency in SIR GANGA RAM HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI, INDIA. (October 1994 – December 1997). Worked in the Department of General Surgery , Minimal Access Surgery & Urology.
His areas of expertise include :
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries,
- complex Gastrointestinal Surgeries,
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries,
- Laparoscopic Urology Surgeries,
- Pediatric Laparoscopy Surgeries
- Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- General Surgeon
- Laparoscopic Surgeon
- MBBS – Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, 1989
- MS – General Surgery – Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, 1994
Fellowship & Membership
- IAGES – Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
- AMASI – Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- ASI – Association of Surgeons of India
- OSSI– Obesity Surgery Society of India
- IFSO– International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- HSI – Hernia Society of India.
- APHS – Asia-Pacific Hernia Society
- Delhi Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India
- IMA – Indian Medical Association
- DMA (South Delhi Branch) – Delhi Medical Association
DOCTOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Director & Head at FORTIS Hospital,Vasant Kunj-2006 – 2020
- Chief Laparoscopic Surgeon at R.G. Stone Urological & Laparoscopic Research Institute-1997 – 2006
- Department of Minimal Access Surgery, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery &Gastrointestinal Surgery at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka
- He has numerous publications in National and International Journals.
- He has contributed a chapter in books.
- He has delivered more than 250 lectures as invited faculty and prestigious orations in National and International conferences.
- He has been an operative faculty in more than 50 National conferences.
- He has trained more than 500 surgeons in the field of Bariatric & metabolic surgeries and advanced laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgeries.
Academic Achievements & Teaching Experience
- Dr. Wadhawan has several national & international publications to his credit in indexed journals .
- He has been invited as operative Faculty at several conferences/workshops to demonstrate Advanced Laparoscopic procedures & Laparoscopic Bariatric procedures .
- Dr. Wadhawan has been invited as faculty for guest lectures and has presented more than 100 papers on Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal, advanced Laparoscopic procedures and Bariatric surgeries in National , International conferences & CME’S regularly , thus strengthening his experience and influence in the international community of Laparoscopic surgeons, as an academic and amplifying the international context of his experience.
- His video presentations in advanced Laparoscopic procedures and Bariatric surgery have been awarded the best paper award at National conferences.
- He has conducted and has been the course director in Advanced Laparoscopic Workshops, CME programs & Physician awareness programmed.
- He has been actively involved with teaching & training of surgeons who are visiting the Department regularly as Registrars, Observers and & Clinical fellows.
- He has been delivering Health talks at various forums including Print and electronic media and various T.V. Channels.
- He has been writing articles for national news papers, health magazines regularly.
- He is the National faculty with the prestigious Johnson and Johnson Ethicon Endosurgery Institute for Bariatric Surgery,Endohernia , MIPH , Laparoscopic solid organs program to train and teach surgeons from all over the country.
- International Experience: He has completed a certified course & workshop in Bariatric surgery at the high volume International Centre of Excellence, Krankenhaus Sachenhausen, Frankfurt, Germany, with Prof. Rudolf Weiner.
Publications & Conferences Participated
- He presented paper on Revision Bariatric Surgery at the IFSO-Asia Pacific Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery Congress at Kaoshiung, Taiwan, April 2013.
- He presented papers at the 38th World Congress of International College of Surgeons in Brisbane , Australia, November 2012.
- He was invited as Faculty to the FORTIS Clinique Darne, Mauritius for the Medical summit where he demonstrated Live Advanced Laparoscopic procedures and gave a Lecture.
- He was invited as National Faculty for the World Congress of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery to present papers and chair sessions – IFSO-2012 , New Delhi, India, September 2012.
- He participated in the World Congress of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery-IFSO 2011 at Hamburg, Germany August 2011.
- He has presented papers at numerous International conferences and workshops in Endohernia including the 5th annual Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS) congress at Bali, Indonesia October, 09 and the 6th annual (APHS) at SEOUL. South Korea .October 2010.
- He participated in a workshop in STARR and Trans anal Colorectal surgeries in Vienna, Austria – Sept. 2009.The course and workshop was conducted by Prof Antonio Longo the pioneer and inventor of MIPH and STARR procedures.
- He has been certified by the ECS (European coloproctology Society) to perform STARR and other advanced trans anal surgeries . 10 surgeons in India have the certification .
- He has attended advanced Colorectal workshop in MIPH & STARR Procedures in Rome, Italy, June 2008
- He attended advanced program in MIPH (Minimally Invasive Procedure in Hemorrhoids) at the Tung Wah Hospital , Hong Kong August, 07.