Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat is currently the Group Chairman, Institute of Urology and Robotic Surgery at Medanta, the Medicity, India.
Dr. Ahlawat has initiated and established four successful Urology and Renal Transplant programs in India, at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, Fortis Hospitals, New Delhi, and Medanta, the Medicity, Gurgaon. He has spearheaded the busiest Minimally Invasive Urology services in India at all his workplaces.
An accomplished minimally invasive surgeon, he has been invited as guest faculty for live demonstration of variety of endourologic, laparoscopic and robotic surgeries at live surgery workshops held around the world.
He was the lead surgeon for the ground-breaking VUI Robotic Kidney Transplant with Regional Hypothermia technique, developed by Vattikuti Urology Institute-Medanta team. He is working as Director, VUI International at Vattikuti Urology Institute to help promote Robotic technique around the world. He has been a faculty to demonstrate live robotic renal transplantation technique around the world, in Europe (Bilbao, Barcelona, Rome, Gent and Istanbul), US (Detroit), and Asia (Chandigarh, Delhi and Bangaluru).
A teacher and academician at heart, Dr. Ahlawat initiated Urology training M.Ch. and D.N.B. programs at all previous institutions of his association. He has published extensively, with a RG score of 34.36 as on January 6, 2017. He was awarded the Chakraborty Fellowship by Indian American Urological Association (1992), and PN Berry Fellowship by Indian High Commission, UK (1995).
Dr. Ahlawat is 2016 recipient of President’s Gold Medal by USI. He was honored with the title of Honorary Lecturer conferred to him by the University College London Hospitals (UCLH), U.K. in 1995. Dr. Ahlawat has also served at Board of Directors of Endourology Society from 2010 to 2012.
- Dr Rajesh Kumar Ahlawat is one of the most experienced & respected Urologist in India
- He has an experience of over 39+ years & was the first one to establish Urology and Renal Transplant programs in India at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, Fortis Hospitals, New Delhi, and Medanta, the Medicity, Gurgaon.
- Dr Ahlawat pioneered the world’s first Robotic Kidney Transplant with regional Hypothermia.
- He did his MBBS & MS (General Surgery) from King Georges Medical College. Following which he pursued his Mch (Urology) from the prestigious AIIMS College.
- He was awarded with the prestigious Chakraborty Fellowship by the American Urology Association & the PN Berry Fellowship.
- Dr Ahlawat has been honoured with the title of Honorary Lecturer conferred to him by the University College London Hospitals, U.K.
- He has successfully performed over 600 laparoscopic and robotic procedures and over 250 renal transplants each year.
- His expertise are Endo-Urology (PCNL) for upper tract, Renal Transplantation, Laparoscopic Urology and Robotic Urology.