Dr. Prashant Jain working as Sr Consultant – Paediatric Surgery & Paediatric Urology and Coordinator Paediatric Super Specialties in Pediatric Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi and has an experience of 18 years in this field.
He has done his MBBS in 2000 and MD in 2003. He is a dynamic and experienced pediatric surgeon who has been trained in premier institutes like KEM in Mumbai and Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital in New Delhi.
Dr. Prashant Jain has advanced Laparoscopic skills are highly remarkable. His has published research articles in various journals like Thoracoscopic excision of mediastinal cysts in children and Acquired Ano-Vestibular fistula – Is it always acquired? in Journal of Minimal Access Surgery; and also has written Conservative management of Splenic Abscess which is accepted in the Journal of Pediatric Surgery.
Dr. Prashant Jain has worked on numerous cases and his case reports include Posterior urethral polyps and review of literature, Uretero Pelvic Junction Obstruction in Upper and Lower Moiety of a Duplex System, Laparoscopic deroofing of hepatic cyst in a neonate, Congenital Diaphragmatic hernia with gastric volvulus, Laparoscopic Partial Splenectomy for Splenic Cyst, Anterior urethral valves with associated urethral diverticulum and Isolated traumatic rupture of the right diaphragm. All these case reports have been published in medical journals and studied by professional doctors related to this field. He has been a meritorious student throughout his medical career and is a Gold Medalist in MS in General Surgery and also a Gold Medalist in MCh Pediatric Surgery. He is also a member of Indian Association of Pediatric surgery. Over the years
Dr. Prashant Jain has devised his own innovative techniques in several surgical procedures for which he has received significant recognition.
- MBBS – Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur, 2000
- MS – General Surgery – Pt J N M Medical College, Raipur, 2003
- MCh – Paediatric Surgery – Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai, 2007
- Presently working as Sr Consultant – Paediatric Surgery & Paediatric Urology and Coordinator Paediatric Super Specialties in Pediatric Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Resident KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Resident Kalawati Saran Childrens Hospital, New delhi
- Observer Pediatric Urology GOSH, London, UK
Research and Publications
- Thoracoscopic excision of mediastinal cysts in children. Jain P, Shah H, Parelkar SV, Borwankar SS. Journal of Minimal Access surgery 2007; 3(4):123-126.
- Anovestibular fistula with normal anal opening: Is it always congenital? Jain P, B. Sanghvi, H. Shah, S. Parelkar Indian Journal of Pediatric surgery. 2008; 13(4):138-140.
- Management of splenic abscess in children Prashant Jain, Ananad S Kushwaha, Pinaki R Debnath, Rajiv Chaddha, S. R Chowdhury. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2010:45(2);372-375.
- Intrapleural Fibrinolytic Therapy with Alteplase in Empyema Thoracis in Children – A prospective pilot study Sharma PK, Saikia B, Sharma R, Jain P , Hussain Z, Khilnani P. Journal of pediatric critical care 2014;1(3);108-113.
- Rapunzel Syndrome Reviewed and Redefined: S Naik, V Gupta, Jain P et al . Dig Surg 2007; 24(3):157-61.
- Posterior urethral polyps and review of literature: Jain P, Shah H, Parelkar SV, Borwankar SS. Indian J Urol 2007; 23:180-181.
- Uretero Pelvic Junction Obstruction in Upper and Lower Moiety Of a Duplex System: A rare Association. Jain P, Sanghvi B, Shah H, Parelkar SV. Journal of Pediatric Urology, 2007; 4(2):167-169.
- Laparoscopic deroofing of hepatic cyst in a neonate. Jain P, Sanghvi B, Shah H, Parelkar SV. Journal of laparoendoscopic and advanced surgical technique 2008;18(3).
- Congenital Diaphragmatic hernia with gastric volvulus. Jain P, Sanghvi B, Shah H, Parelkar SV. Indian journal of surgery 2007;69(6):260-263.
- Uncrossed complete ureteral duplication with dysplastic lower moiety: A violation of Weigert- Meyer Law. Jain P, Sanghvi B, Shah H, Parelkar SV. Journal Of Pediatric Urology, 2008;4(5)404-406.
- Laparoscopic Partial Splenectomy for splenic epidermoid cyst. P. Jain, B. Sanghvi, H. Shah, S. Parelkar. Journal of laparoendoscopic and advanced surgical technique 2008;18(6):899-902.
- Anterior urethral valves and diverticulum. P. Jain, B. Sanghvi, H. Shah, S. Parelkar. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 2009;76(9);943-944.
- Isolated Post-Traumatic right Sided Diaphragmatic Hernia. Prashant Jain, Ananad S Kushwaha, Pinaki R Debnath, Rajiv Chaddha, S. R Chowdhury and Pravesh Kumar. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 2009: 76(11); 1167-68.
- Parasitic omphalopagus with cranioencephalic malformation and rudimentary cardio-pulmonary system. Jain P, Mishra P, Borwankar SS, Parelkar SV. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 2010:77;(704-705).
- Multiple anastomotic complications following repair of oesophageal atresia withtracheoesophageal fi stula: A report of two cases. 2010. Jain P, Debnath
- PR, Jain V, Chadha R, Choudhury SR,Puri A. Afr J Paediatr Surg 2011;8:244-248.
- Ruptured liver abscess in a newborn. Prashant jain, Ashwani Mishra & Vyom Agarwal, African Journal of Paediatric Surgery;Jan-Apr2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p8.
- Amyands henia presenting as chronic scrotal sinus. Prashant jain, Ashwani Mishra, J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg. 2012 Jul-Sep; 17(3): 128–129.
- Keratinising squamous metaplasia in a child with single kidney, Prashant jain, Ashwani Mishra, accepted in Indian Journal of Urology.
- Burkhorderia cepacia-Hemorrhagic pericardial effusion and pyothorax in an immunocompetent child, Pradeep mishra, Rachna Sharma, Prashant jain, Praveen khilnani, Pediatric infectious disease Journal, Volume 5, Issue 1 , Pages 16-18, January 2013.
- Surgical separation of pygopagus twins: A case report, Journal of Pediatric Surgery Case Reports, Volume 2, Issue 3, Pages 119-122 . Prashant Jain, Anjani Kumar Kundal, Rachna Sharma, Praveen Khilnani, Prem Kumar, Praneet Kumar.
- Pediatric Laparoscopy and Pediatric Urology
Awards and Achievements
- Gold Medalist MS (Gen Surgery)
- Gold Medalist MCh (Ped Surgery)
- Indian Association of Pediatric Surgery