Dr. (Maj Gen) Avtar Singh Bath is a Sr. Consultant & Head Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Cosmetic Surgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital Pusa Road, New Delhi. Dr. (Maj Gen) Avtar Singh Bath is a renowned and highly experienced Plastic Surgeon with expertise in all types of General Plastic surgery, Cosmetic surgery, Hand surgery and Micro surgery. He is associated with BLK Hospital, New Delhi at present and has played an important role in setting up the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery unit with state of the art techniques and new advanced procedures. Prior to that he also started the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Department in Army Hospital (R & R), New Delhi and served there for several years.
Dr. Avtar Singh Bath has a comprehensive experience of over 27 years in the field of Plastic and Reconstructive surgery and has treated a large number of patients both surgically and non surgically in several procedures. He is one of the few plastic surgeons in Delhi and NCR with such experience and knowledge in Plastic surgery. He is the first plastic surgeon in the country to start the calvarial bone grafting procedures and has also developed new and advanced modalities of treatment for tendon injuries of the hand. He also introduced procedures for the extensive management of arterio-venous malformations.
An esteemed member of renowned organizations, Dr. Avtar Singh Bath has served as the President of the Delhi Chapter of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India. He has several awards and appreciations as well for his research and contribution towards Plastic surgery in India. He has presented papers in a number of conferences, CMEs and also has more than 30 publications in renowned national and international medical journals.
- MS (General Surgery)
- M Ch (Plastic Surgery)
- Fellowship in Microsurgery and Cosmetic Surgery
Presently working as a Sr. Consultant & Head (Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery) in BLK Centre for Plastic, Reconstructive, Aesthetic, Burns & Craniofacial Surgery Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
Previous Experience: 27 Years in Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery, General Plastic Surgery, Micro Surgery, Hand Surgery
Awards and Achievements
- Gold Medal for standing first in Anatomy – 1968
- Brilliant Student Scholarship – 1969 to 1971
- Chief of Army Staff Commendation – 1986 and 2000
- National Travelling Fellowship Plastic Surgery by APSI – 1988
- Ethicon Fellowship Cosmetic Surgery by APSI – 1996
- Awards by President of India (Sena Medal – 2004, Vishisht Seva Medal – 2007)
- APSI Visiting Professor Plastic Surgery 2007
- “Doctor of the Year” award for year 2012
- Set up “State of Art Centre” in Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery at Army Hospital (R&R) Delhi Cantt and BLK Super specialty Hospital.
- First in country to start calvarial bone grafting procedures, comprehensive management of arteriovenous malformations and new modalities of treatment of tendon injuries of hand
- President Association of Plastic Surgeons of India – Delhi Chapter (2002-04)
- The Assoc of Plastic Surgeons of India
- The Assoc of Surgeons of India
- The Indian Assoc of Aesthetic Surgery
- Indian Hair Restorative Society
Research and Publications:
- Research projects completed: 04
- Publications in National Journals: 30
- Publications in International Journals: 04
- Paper presented at Conferences/ Symposiums/ CMEs: 65