Dr. Gagan Gautam is the Head of Uro Oncology and Robotic Surgery at Max Institute of Cancer Care, Max Hospitals, Saket, New Delhi. He is a US fellowship trained robotic uro oncologist and his entire practice is exclusive to the surgical treatment of patients suffering from prostate, kidney and urinary bladder cancers. He has previously worked in top national and international hospitals including the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and the University of Chicago Medical Center, USA, considered one of the leading cancer centers in the world today.
Having performed over 700 robotic operations for prostate, kidney and urinary bladder cancer, Dr. Gautam is one of the very few dedicated uro oncologists in India today. He is closely involved in the assessment, treatment and follow up of patients undergoing treatment of urological cancers at Max Institute of Cancer Care, Saket, New Delhi. As the chief uro oncologist in this institution, he heads a team of professionals who provide educational and counseling services for helping patients choose the most appropriate and cost effective treatment options for all stages of these diseases. Besides robotic surgery, Dr. Gautam is also an acknowledged expert in open, laparoscopic and endoscopic operations for prostate, kidney and bladder malignancies.
Dr. Gautam has published extensively on outcomes and techniques of prostate, kidney and bladder cancer surgery and has over 75 publications (including 5 book chapters) to his credit in medical journals. As a leading uro oncologist in the country, he has been instrumental in establishing robotic surgery programs all over India by proctoring and mentoring surgeons in various different institutions. He has trained delegates by performing live demonstration of robotic surgery at several national and international conferences and workshops.
- Consultant – Urology (Fortis Hospital, New Delhi, 2006 – 2009)
- Head – Urologic Oncology & Robotic Surgery (Medanta – The Medicity, 2011 – 2016)
- MBBS (MAMC, New Delhi)
- MS – General Surgery (MAMC, New Delhi)
- DNB – General Surgery
- MCh – Urology (AIIMS, New Delhi)
- Clinical Fellowship in Robotic Urologic Oncology (University of Chicago)
- Urology gold medal (AIIMS)
- Chandigarh Award (Urological Society of India)
- Agra Urology Club Award – awarded thrice (Urological Society of India)
- CKP Menon Award (Urological Society of India)
- Best reviewer award (Indian Journal of Urology)
- Prostate cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Urinary bladder cancer
- Adrenal masses
- Testicular and penile cancer
- American Urological Association
- Urological Society of India