Dr. Amit Agarwal is a General and Laparoscopic surgeon based in Delhi. He is currently working as a consultant in B.L. Kapur Super specialty Hospital, Delhi. After having graduated from the University College of Medical sciences, Delhi, Dr. Amit did his M.S. in surgery from Shyam Shah Medical College, M.P. He then moved on to his residency in general and laparoscopic surgery which he completed form Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital (LNJP) and Deen Dayal Hospital (DDU) in Delhi. During this period he also managed to acquire his D.N.B. in general surgery. Having keen interest in Laparoscopic surgery Dr. Amit then pursued a fellowship course in Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric surgery at the National University Hospital, Singapore. Being trained by the likes of senior and distinguished laparoscopic and bariatric surgeons like Prof. Davide Lomanto, Dr. Amit acquired distinguished laparoscopic skills and mastered both basic and advanced laparoscopic surgeries.
He has also credited to his account a number of international publications in the field of both laparoscopic and bariatric surgery. He has been a part of the organizing as well as training team in a number of laparoscopic master classes and conferences. He also has quite a few lectures in such conferences to his credit. Currently Dr. Amit is running a successful practice in Delhi in the field of General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery. He has many happy patients added to his logbook
- S. in surgery, Shyam Shah Medical College
- Fellow MIS, (Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery), Singapore
- FIAGES, 2011, Fellow of The Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
- FMAS, 2012, Fellow 0f minimal access surgery awarded by association of minimal access surgeons of India
- FCLS, 2013, International college of laparoscopic surgeons
- 2012 – 2015 Consultant at BLK Super Speciality Hospital
- 2011 – 2012 Consultant at MGS Hosiptal
- 2010 – 2011 Clinical Fellow at NUH Singapore
- 2007 – 2008 Senior Resident at Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital
- 2008 – 2010 Senior Resident at DDU Hospitl
- Laparoscopic Surgery, Hernia Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Trauma Surgery
Awards and Achievements
- Completed clinical fellowship in advanced laparoscopy and bariatric surgery from NUH, Singapore.
- Organized and lectured in various scientific workshops and conferences.
- Member, Associations of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Member, Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Member, Hernia Society of India (HSI)
- Member, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES)
- Member, National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS)
- Member, Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
- Member, Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Member, SELSI
- Fistula Treatment
- Piles Surgery
- Abdominal Pain Treatment
- I. Surgery
- Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
- Anal Fissure Surgery
- Fistula Surgery
- Thyroid Swelling
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hernia Repair Surgery
- Cancer Surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- Single Port Access Adrenalectomy: Our Initial Experience published in Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Technique – J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2011 Sep 29.
- Single-incision Laparoscopic Appendectomy: Prospective Case Series at a Single Centre in Singapore published in the Surgical Laparoscopy Endoscopy & Percutaneous Techniques – Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2011 Oct;21(5):318-21.
- Bariatric surgery in Singapore from 2005 to 2009.- Asian J Surg. 2013 Jan;36(1):36-9.
- Large lymphangioma presenting like irreducible inguinal hernia: a rare presentation and literature review. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2011 Oct;21(5):318-21.