- MD (AIIMS)
- Diploma Gyne Endoscopy (Kiel – Germany)
- Fellowship in Robotic Surgery (WALS)
She has more than 15 years of experience in the field of Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery. Dr Sinha has been trained at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). She had the privilege of working at this premier Institute for 6 years where she developed her expertise in laparoscopic Gynecological surgeries and Maternal and Fetal Medicine.
Since then she has worked as a Consultant at various leading Hospitals of the city where she was doing advanced Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgery. In her quest for professional excellence she went to Kiel University, Germany for further training in Advanced Endoscopic Gynaecological Surgery. She has been awarded a Fellowship in Robotic Surgery from the World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons.
She is one of the Directors of the FOGSI recognised Endoscopy Training Centre at BLK Super Speciality Hospital.
Minimally Invasive Surgery (Advanced Gynecological laparoscopic/hysteroscopic surgery), High risk Obstetrics, Maternal and Fetal Medicine Services
- Caesarean Section (C Section)
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Unilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy
- D&C (Dilation and Curettage)
- Tubectomy/Tubal Ligation
- Pap Smear
- High-Risk Pregnancy Care
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for Large Uterus
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy in Previous Pelvic Surgery
- Laproscopic Myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Prolapse Repair
- Laparoscopic Tubal Recanalization
- Advanced Hysteroscopic Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- TVT-O insertion for stress urinary incontinence
- Laparoscopic Hysteropexy
- Laparoscopic surgery for Endometriosis
- Laparoscopic Cerclage
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Burch Colposuspension
- Hysteroscopic removal of Adhesions
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
Awards and Achievements
- Won the FOGSI quiz from Delhi and represented it in the North Zone finals
- Awarded distinctions in the Subjects of Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology and Preventive and social Medicine in MBBS
Dr Sinha has many publications to her credit in reputed national and international journals. She has written chapters in acclaimed books on diverse topics and presented papers in conferences.
- Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
- World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
- Delhi Gynaecological Endoscopic Society (DGES)
- Delhi Medical Council
International indexed journals
- Banerjee N, Sinha A*, Kriplani A, Roy KK, Takkar D. Factors determining the occurrence of unwanted pregnancies. Nat Med J India 2001; 14(4): 211-214.
- Deka D, Malhotra N, Sinha A*, Kashyap R, Banerjee N, Roy KK. Pregnancy associated aplastic anaemia: maternal and fetal outcome. J Obstet Gynecol Res 2003; 29(2): 67-72.
- Agarwal R, Roy KK, Deka D, Vashist S, Sinha A, Agarwal S. Comparison of various diagnostic modalities- clinical examination, ultrasound, colour doppler, computerized tomography and aspiration cytology as predictors of ovarian malignancy. Ultrasound Int. 2003; 9(4): 130-7 Case Series and Case Reports-
- Malhotra N, Sinha A*, Deka D, Roy KK. Twin reversed arterial perfusion: report of four cases. J Clin Ultrasound 2004;32(8):411-4.
- Malhotra N, Roy KK, Sinha A*. Forgotten needle â€“ an unusual cause of chronic pelvic pain. Archives Gynecol Obstet 2003; 269(1): 68-9.
- Roy KK, Vaijyanath AM, Sinha A*, Deka D, Takkar D. Sexual trauma- an unusual cause of vesicovaginal fistula. Eur J Obstet Gynaecol Reprod Biol 2002; 101: 89-90.
- Roy KK, Banerjee N, Sinha A. Diffuse peritoneal calcifications- a rare manifestation of abdominal tuberculosis. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2001; 73(3): 269-70.
- Banerjee N, Deka D, Sinha A*, Prasad R, Takkar D. Gravid uterus in an incisional hernia. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2001; 27(2): 77-9.
- Roy KK, Banerjee N, Sinha A. Laparoscopic removal of translocated retroperitoneal IUD. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2000; 71: 241-243.
- Sinha A*, Banerjee N, Roy KK, Takkar D. Cervical tuberculosis mimicking carcinoma cervix. J Obst Gyn India 2002; 52(1): 54.
- Sinha A*, Banerjee N, Deka D, Takkar D. Successful pregnancy outcome in a patient with chronic renal failure. J Obst Gyn India 2002;52(2):118.
- Banerjee N, Sinha A*, Takkar D. A case of recurrent neural tube defects in successive pregnancies. J Obst Gyn India 2002; 52(2): 112.
- Sinha A*, Kriplani A. Current concepts in treatment of fibroids. Asian J Obs Gynae Practice 2000; 5(1) : 37-46.
- Sinha A*, Agarwal N. Folic acid and pregnancy. Asian J Obs Gynae Practice 2001; 5(2): 13-7.
- Banerjee N, Sinha A. Role of calcium in women. Asian J Obs Gynae Practice 2000; 4(3): 28-31.
- Takkar D, Roy KK, Sinha A, Kriplani A, Maya. Myolysis in parous women with application of Nd:YAG lasers. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2000; 70 (S1): 105-6.
- Sinha A*, Takkar D, Roy KK, Kriplani A. To assess the efficacy of Nd:YAG laser laparoscopic myolysis for treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids. AOGD bulletin 2002; 83.
- Mahalakshmi KV, Kansal D, Sinha A, Sachdeva S, Shakeel T. A novel perspective on initiating an intensive endoscopic skill training curriculum during postgraduation to improve operative proficiency. AOGD bulltin 2011;52.
Chapter in books
- Takkar D, Sinha A*. Lasers in gynaecology. In Medical application of lasers. Eds. Vij DR & Mahesh K, Kluwer Academic Publisher: Massachusetts. 2002; pp309-26.