He has a vast experience in URO-ONCOLOGY with comprehensive Adult & Paediatric Urological Cancer Management, Nephron Sparing Surgery with both Robotic and Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy, Specialises in ‘zero-ischaemia’ partial nephrectomy., Radical Cystectomy and Neobladder using conventional and minimal invasive system, Nerve Sparing Cystectomy in males. Expert in treatment of Advanced Renal Cancer including IVC thrombectomy, metastatectomy, etc.
He also has over 8 years of experience in doing ROBOTIC SURGERY with over 500 cases under his belt, was part of the pioneering team which performed Worlds First Robotic Kidney Transplant (RKT).
PEDIATRIC UROLOGY – Excellent outcomes in Hypospadias repairs, with reoperation rates of under 2%. , Peer recognised specialist for repair of ‘failed-hypospadiasrepair’ and ‘hypospadias cripples’, Urogenital Reconstruction in Myelomeningocele – Neurogenic Bladders, One of the largest series of Augmentation Cystoplasty with Continent Diversion using Mitrofano?’s technique. , Minimally invasive antire?ux treatment with Da Vinci Robot,Pubo-Vaginal slings in incontinent exstrophy patient , Expert in Young Dees Bladder Neck Reconstruction
RECONSTRUCTIVE UROLOGY – Expert in management of complex urethral strictures ,Bladder and in Non-obstructive Urinary Retention , Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS) for Fecal and Urinary Incontinence.
- Urology, HOD- Manipal Hospitals, Dwarka , currently working
- Urology & Renal Transplant, Robotic Surgery, Kidney, Director & HOD- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Urology & Renal Transplant, Robotic Surgery, Kidney, Associate Director- Medanta – The Medicity , 2010
- Urooncology, Endourology and Reconstructive Urology, Consultant- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata , 2008
- Urology & Renal Transplant, Robotic Surgery, Kidney, Assistant Professor- Svims, Tirupati , 2001
- Urology & Renal Transplantation, Consultant And Head- Apollo Lanka, Colombo, Sri Lanka – 2002 – 2007 , 2002
- Urology & Renal Transplantation, Senior Research Associate- SGPGIMS , 2001
- Minimally Invasive & Reconstructive Urology, Assistant Professor- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences , 2001
- Minimally Invasive & Reconstructive Urology, Medical Officer- ONGC , 1993
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Performed Worlds First Robotic Kidney Transplant (RKT)
- Performed Indiaâ€™s youngest Robotic Pyeloplasty in a 5 months old child in 2012.
- Performed Sri Lankaâ€™s ?rst Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy
- Member – Urological Society of India
- Member – American Urological Association
- Member – Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Member – National Academy of Medical Science, New Delhi
- Training – Robotic surgery – Da Vinci Training Center, Intuitive Surgical, California