Dr. Subhash Gupta
Dr. Subhash Gupta is the Liver Transplant Surgeon at MAX Healthcare, Delhi. The Chief of Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary surgeon and the Director of the Center of Liver and Biliary Sciences at Max Hospitals in Delhi is accredited for his exceptional work in liver transplantation field all over the world. Best liver transplant surgeon in Delhi India has completed his undergraduate degree and Masters in General surgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Dr. Gupta did a specialization in surgical gastroenterology in the year 1989. Briefly after completing his specialization, this talented surgeon and Best Liver Transplant Surgery Specialist in Delhi moved to England to work and train under Dr. Paul McMaster in the Liver unit at the Queen Elizabeth. Dr Subhash Gupta underwent Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and of Glasgow while practicing in the UK.
Dr. Subhash Gupta
After returning to India, he was honored with the position of Professorship in Surgery from Apollo Health Education and Research Foundation. He pioneered the development of Living Donor Liver Transplant (LDLT) in India. In 2013, he was widely recognized for successfully conducting 300 Living Donor Liver Transplant at Centre for Liver and Biliary Sciences situated at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. In 2013, Dr. Gupta and his Team has also helped other Centres within India and abroad to set up liver transplantation
Due to his focused interest and contribution to the medical field, Apollo Health Foundation has made him an honorary Professor of Surgery. Dr. Gupta was also honored for excellence in clinical medicine and Vishist Chikitsh Rattan (Distinguished Clinician) on Doctor’s Day in 2012. In 2016, the Medical Council of India has awarded him the prestigious “B.C. Roy” award.
He has also contributed to different aspects of living donor liver transplantation such as liver transplantation without hepatitis B immunoglobulin prophylaxis and appropriate CMV prophylaxis.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, 2006 till 2016
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, 1998 – 2006
- St. James’s University Hospital, Leeds, 1995 to 1998
- Queen’s Elizabeth Medical Centre, Birmingham, 1993 to 1995
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 1981 to 1993
- MBBS – AIIMS All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- MS – AIIMS All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delh
- He has pioneered the development of Living Donor Liver Transplant (LDLT) in India
- Dr. Gupta has published over 30 papers on different aspects of Living Donor liver transplant in indexed journals
- He has been honored with the position of Professorship in Surgery from Apollo Health Education and Research Foundation
- The Institute of Post Graduate Education and Medical Research, Kolkata has also honored him with the position of Professor of Liver Transplantation
- Delhi Medical Association awarded him with a Gold Medal in 2005. The Rotary Association of India has honored him for excellence in clinical medicine in 2012
- In 2012, the Delhi Medical Association honored him with the award of Vishist Chikitsh Rattan (Distinguished Clinician) on Doctor’s Day
- In 2014, he & has team were one of the finalists for the category “Surgical team of the year” for BMJ India awards
- Apollo Health foundation has made him an honorary Professor of Surgery
- In 2016, the Uttar Pradesh government has awarded him the prestigious “YASH BHARTI” award
- In 2016, the Medical Council of India has awarded him the prestigious “B.C. Roy” award
- In 2016, he was also awarded “The Honorary Professor of Kazakistan”