Dr. Savitri Shrivastava
Dr. Savitri Shrivastava delivers more than 55 years of experience to her present part as Director – Pediatric Cardiology at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi. Her territories of specialization incorporate pediatric cardiothoracic surgery. She has been instrumental in propelling key undertakings in the field of pediatric cardiology. She was the first to present non-coronary mediations at AIIMS and directed the country’s first inflatable mitral valvotomy. The foundation of a world-class Echocardiography area at AIIMS is amazingly, and she is likewise the originator leader of Indian Academy of Echocardiography set up in 1995.
Dr. Savitri Shrivastava
She set up The bureau of pediatric cardiology and intrinsic coronary illness (CHD), a focal point of notoriety both in India and abroad in 1995. She is additionally the author leader of the pediatric Cardiac Society of India. Dr. Shrivastava turned into the primary lady and first Indian to get the prestigious ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ at the yearly PICS (Pediatric Interventional Cardiology Society) meeting held in Miami, Florida in 2013. She was granted the ‘Glaxo Oration’ grant by the National Academy of Medical Sciences, India in 2012. Her commitments to medicinal science were additionally perceived in type of a lifetime accomplishment grant at the World Congress on Clinical & Preventive Cardiology (WCCPC).
MD (Medicine), Vikram University, GRM College (1961)
DM (Cardiology), All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India 1971
Fellowship (Paediatric Cardiology), University of Minnesota, USA (1975-1976)
- Professor and Head of the Department of Cardiology, SGPGIMS Lucknow (July 1992 to June 1995)
- Professor of Cardiology at AIIMS, New Delhi (April 1992 to June 1995)
- Additional Professor of Cardiology, AIIMS, New Delhi (January 1983 to April 1992)
- Assistant Professor, Cardiology AIIMS, New Delhi (Dec 1977 to 1982)
- Fellow in Paediatric Cardiology at University of Minnesota, Minneapolis,. USA. (October 1975 to September 1976)
- Research Associate, United Hospitals St. Paul Minnesota, USA. Miller Division (April 1975 to Sept 1975)
- Lecturer, Department of Cardiology AIIMS, New Delhi (November 1972 to November 1977)
- Post-Doctoral Student, DM (Cardiology),Department of Cardiology AIIMS, New Delhi (July 1969 to December 1971)
- Registrar, Department of Cardiology, AIIMS (July 1969 to November 1972)
- Army Medical Corps (September 1960 to September 1967), this includes serving during two emergencies G.D.M.O. – 3 Yrs. Graded physicians – 4 years.
- Post Graduate Student (M.D. Med) GRM College, Gwalior (1958 to 1960)
- Causality Medical Officer , J.A group of Hospitals, Gwalior (January 1959 to September 1960)
- Clinical Assistant in Medicine, J.A Group of Hospitals, Gwalior. (July 1958 to December 1958)
- House Physician, Department of Medicine, J.A Group of Hospitals, Gwalior (January 1958 to June 1958).
- House Physician, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, J.A Group of Hospitals Gwalior (June 57 to December 1957).