Dr. Divesh Gulati
Dr. Divesh Gulati presently working as a Consultant in Institute for Bone, Joint Replacement, Orthopedics Spine & Sports Medicine at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi. He is an orthopedic surgeon.
- MS (Orthopedics)
- M.Ch Orth Certification
- Fellowship Arthroplasty – SPH, New Delhi
- AO Advanced and Masters Courses for Complex Trauma Certification
Presently working as a Consultant in Institute for Bone, Joint Replacement, Orthopedics Spine & Sports Medicine at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Has previously worked as Consultant Orthopedics and Joint Replacement at Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi
- As Consultant Orthopedics and Joint Replacement at Jaipur Golden Hospital, Rohini, Delhi
- As Specialist Orthopedics at ESI Hospital, Delhi
• Primary and Revision Hip and Knee Joint Reconstruction including Total Knee and Hip Replacements, and Unicondylar Knee Replacement, Simple and Complex Trauma using latest minimally invasive techniques
Awards and Achievements
- Actively involved in provision of medical services during Commonwealth Games, Delhi, 2010 as a Venue Medical Officer.
- Presented paper titled ‘Rickets- A cause of delayed walking in toddlers’ for Dr Joy Pataonkar Gold Medal Session at the annual conference of the Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOACON) 2009, Bhubaneswar, India.
- Awarded Delhi Orthopaedic Association traveling fellowship at the annual conference of Delhi Orthopaedic Association (DOACON) 2009.
- Presented paper titled ‘Assessment of bone mineral density by DEXA scan and Singh’s index in 20-40 years age group with traumatic femoral fractures – a case control study’ for Dr RC Rallan Gold Medal Session at IOACON 2008, Bangalore.
- Delhi Orthopedic Association
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Pediatric Orthopedic Society of India
- Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons on Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty
Presentations & Publications:
Has presented Original Research papers at various national orthopedic forums More than 20 publications in reputed International and National Orthopedic Journals and Chapters in Orthopedic Books:
- Controversies in orthopaedic trauma–management of fractures of shaft of femur in children between 6 and 12 years of age. Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 2014; 12(45): 77-84.
- Acquired Manus Valgus: A Difficult Problem with a Simple Solution. J Orthop Trauma Rehab 2014; 18(1): 47-8.
- Minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis using a locking compression plate for diaphyseal humeral fractures. J Orthop Surg 2012; 20(3): 292-6. (Cited by 3)
- Function and motion after Gender-specific high flexion knee prosthesis in Indian women. J Orthop Surg 2012; 20(2): 153-6. (Cited by 6)
- Skeletal injuries following unintentional fall from height. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 2012; 18 (2):141-146. (Cited by 3)
- Normal Range of Motion of Hip and Ankle Joint in Indian Population: Does Lifestyle have an influence. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 2011; 45(6): 421-4. (Cited by 3)
- Primary Ewing’s Sarcoma of the second cervical vertebra- A rare entity. J Pediatr Orthop B 2011; 20: 408-12. (Cited by 3)
- Autogenous non-vascularized fibula for treatment of giant cell tumor of distal end radius. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 2010; 130 (12): 1467-73. (Cited by 11)
- Management of massive posttraumatic bone defects in the lower limb with the Ilizarov technique. Acta Orthop Belg 2010; 76 (6): 811-20. (Cited by 10)
- Rubber Band syndrome-High accuracy of clinical diagnosis. J Pediatr Orthop 2010; 30 (7): e1-e4. (Cited by 3)
- Wooden foreign body in forearm-presentation after 8 years. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 2010; 16(4): 373-5. (Cited by 8)
- Bone Mineral Density in Young Indian Adults With Traumatic Proximal Femoral Fractures- A Case Control Study. Acta Orthop Belg 2010; 76(3):335-40. (Cited by 4)
- Fractures of capitellum: a review of 14 cases treated by open reduction and internal fixation with Herbert screws. Int Orthop 2010; 34(6):897-901 (Cited by 24)
- Early adolescent nutritional rickets. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 2009; 17(3): 340-5. (Cited by 9)
- Rickets: a cause of delayed walking in toddlers. Indian J Pediatr 2009; 76(3): 269-72. (Cited by 9)
- Dilemma in stress fractures. Int Orthop 2009; 33(2): 585. (Cited by 1)
- Subtrochanteric Periosteal Chondroma: a case report and tumor overview. Ind J Radiol Imag 2006; 16: 3: 329-32.
- Terrible triad of elbow: experience of three cases. Journal of West Bengal Orthopaedic Association 2012;26(1):15-18
- Comments on Lee et al: Lateral fixation of AO type-B2 ankle fractures: the Acutrak plus compression screw technique. Int Orthop 2010;34(8):1361-2.
- Letter to Editor: Complications of titanium and stainless steel elastic nail fixation of pediatric femoral fractures. J Bone Joint Surg 2009; 91(8): 2040-1. (Cited by 1)
- Agarwal A, Gulati D. Letter to the Editor: Immediate interlocking nailing versus external fixation followed by delayed interlocking nailing for Gustilo type IIIB open tibial fractures. J Orthop Surg 2007; 15(3): 393-4.
Chapters in Books
- Kumar S, Gulati D. Biology of Fracture Healing. In: Jain AK, Kumar S, eds. Neglected Musculoskeletal Injuries. Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Publishers: pp 29-43.
- Kumar S, Gulati D. Compartment Syndrome and Volkmann’s Ischemic Contracture. In: Jain AK, Kumar S, eds. Neglected Musculoskeletal Injuries. Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Publishers: pp 93-122.
- Kumar S, Gulati D. Management of Pelvic Fractures. In: Shrivastava UK, Saha S, eds. An Approach to Surgical Emergency. Delhi: CBS Publishers: pp 113-136.